Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to President | 20-30 hours/week | Salary commensurate with experience
The Well is seeking an Executive Director, responsible for the administrative, fiscal, and personnel management of the organization. The Well is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to help individuals, families, and the community experience spiritual, emotional, and physical healing and wellness through holistic care of the mind, body, and spirit.
The Executive Director will ensure the efficient and effective operation of the organization and will work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement sustainability and growth initiatives. This position requires a highly motivated individual to continue growing the depth and range of services of The Well.
1. Leadership and Growth: Develop and implement strategic operational and business plans focused on the growth of services and financial performance by:
- Developing organizational goals and strategic plans and evaluating the organization’s operational and financial performance.
- Collaborating with The Well’s leadership team and providers to plan, prioritize, and implement opportunities and initiatives that fit the mission of The Well.
- Recruiting, hiring, and training new mental health therapists, spiritual care providers, mind-body practitioners, administrative staff, and interns.
- Networking with other organizations, agencies, businesses, churches, and community groups to increase awareness of services offered at The Well and identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Developing and overseeing fundraising initiatives, including but not limited to: i. Fundraising events, including the annual Masquerade Ball ii. Grant opportunities, including managing current grants, seeking new opportunities, and developing proposals iii. Maintaining and developing donor and foundation relationships
2. Organizational Management: Ensure effective and efficient daily operation of the organization through the following responsibilities:
- Establish goals for Psychological Care, Spiritual Care, Events and Workshops, and Merchandise Sales, and support staff within those departments to develop programs and services that support the mission of The Well.
- Manage and supervise the departmental leaders, including Director of Psychological Care, Director of Spiritual Care, and the Administrative Coordinator, and manage all staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Supervise the Events and Programs offered by The Well, ensuring they fit the mission and vision while providing quality, holistic care to clients.
- Supervise the administrative process and office flow including phone inquiries, intakes, group registration, and processes and procedures related to patient care.
- Administer the Tana Keating Memorial Fund, a scholarship fund offered to clients who cannot afford services at The Well.
- Ensure proper credentials, such as licensure, insurance, and CORI checks, are in place for all staff, volunteers, and interns.
- Run quarterly staff meetings, attend Board of Directors meetings, and provide staff-wide updates via email as needed.
- Manage revenue and expense budgets to achieve budgeted financial performance and provide monthly reports to the leadership team.
- Ensure a positive relationship between revenue and expenses; implement expense reductions as necessary; recommend budget adjustments as necessary.
- Review and recommend the adjustments of service charges, contracts, and vendor agreements.
- Develop and oversee marketing initiatives including website maintenance, social media, development and distribution of newsletters and marketing material, and communication with clients, donors, and friends of The Well.
- Establish policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable local, state, national statutes regarding mental health care and nonprofit status.
- Oversee the bookkeeping, human resource, payroll, and revenue-sharing operational systems, including policies and procedures and compliance with applicable statutes.
1. A passion for the mission of The Well and for serving people who seek care
2. Demonstrated leadership, communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills required
3. Ability to plan, coordinate, direct, and evaluate a variety of activities and projects
4. Experience with nonprofit management strongly preferred
5. A degree in Business Administration, Health Administration, Public Health Administration, Social Work, or equivalent experience preferred
6. Experience seeking, writing, and managing grants preferred
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Katherine Forbes-Smith at email@example.com.